Thursday, May 3, 2007

New Baby


I've been meaning to put this picture up for a while. My friend Niamh is in Edinburgh for the year doing a masters and has taken to keeping pet rats. They are the cutest things I have ever seen. They are much better than cowardly hamsters and are really entertaining with the tricks they get up to. This is the latest addition to the rat family, a new baby rat.

Also in my latest mountain run last night i came 167th of 190. It was around a mountain called Prince William's Seat and has spectacular views. There was a bit of every technical challenge possible in the race. At one point we ran through pitch dark forest, which was really weird after coming out of the bright sun. The descent was also very tricky, with half of it on spongy turf and half on loose rocky paths. It really separated out the experienced runners from the inexperienced. I had to slow down a good deal to avoid tripping, and people were running past at what seemed to be a hundred miles an hour! I was 15:41 behind the fastest girl, which was a slight improvement on last week, so I'm happy with that. I took 178% of the winning time, but there were bigger gaps between the faster and slower people due to the technicality of the downhills. All in all, a great race.

No comments: