Friday, April 27, 2007

3 Rock - Ticknock



These are pictures from a race I took part in on Wednesday. It was a 9k run across the 3 Rock and Ticknock mountains, near Palmers and Lamb Doyle's pubs. With a time of 58:18, I came 176th (woohoo!) out of 217, and took 173% of the winning time (33:32), which is close on my best ever mountian result of 170% of the winning time. The race was pretty tough and I had to use my patented "20 steps walk, 20 steps run" policy on the steeper uphills, but in general it was a great race with beautiful scenery. The winners of these races are unreal machine runners and are the fastest in Ireland. I was only 16 minutes slower than the fastest girl, which I'm pretty happy with. My aim for this season is to get my time down to 160% of the winning time. Last year i went from 183% average to 170%, so I think it's possible. May have to cut down on my deep devotion to chocolate and crisps for this though. Will keep ye posted.

No comments: